Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Don’t let a Tax Problem take your Joy

The Internal Revenue Service canceled its fourth agency-wide employee furlough day that had been scheduled for this coming Monday, (22 July 2013). "This is a real victory for the workingman” said a relieved employee. Now the IRS will be able to assist even more taxpayers and all of us (approximately One Hundred Thousand IRS employees) won't lose a day’s pay! Thank goodness indeed.

David Selig and Bradley Dorin of Selig and Associates, Inc recently reviewed the government’s case against a well-respected surgeon in South Dakota, and have determined [after conducting a laborious 2-month study] that this matter should have been resolved civilly and that criminal charges for tax evasion and tax related crimes should not have been filed. In this particular case, the doctor appears to have been misled by what Selig referred to as “faulty investment advice”. This notwithstanding, the good doctor was charged and subsequently convicted of 13 felonies. Specifically, five counts of income tax evasion, five counts of filing false tax returns and three counts of failing to report assets held in foreign banks. The lesson - Settle your tax problem before it gets away from you.


Selig and Associates




You’ve lost that Loving Feeling:

Like a nimble-footed gazelle, I’ve learned to avoid life’s metaphorical lions, e.g. malevolent malpractice attorneys, predacious profiteers, insurance peddlers, stockbrokers, flirtatious pharmaceutical reps and sundry other salespeople. I’ve remained compassionate and can maintain a mild disposition even when I’m frustrated. As a rule, I listen closely (even to hypochondriacs) and when my friends ask me for the wrong type of help (usually an opioid) I tactfully decline. I am a devoted father, a loving husband and a better than average tennis player. I’ve been acknowledged by my peers and have been published in several journals. I’ve traveled across Europe and am proficient in three different lounges. And now, irrespective of these accomplishments, I have a tax problem that’s ruining my life.

The last line got my attention. You see up until that moment I was trying to watch our team practice and Dr. H (whose usually a really nice guy) was ruining it for me. Look, he said seriously, I’m in trouble with the IRS and they’re taking the joy out of practicing medicine. OK I said sincerely, call me tomorrow and we’ll deal with them directly.

Selig and Associates call us directly. 

Originally Posted: http://nearsay.com/c/11987/11728/don-t-let-a-tax-problem-take-your-joy-practicing-medicine-and-the-irs

0 comments:

Post a Comment